&item_name=LipidemiaSurgery&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHost

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Jim, the Builder


Concrete Post Support
 For some time now, A has stressed the need for a hand rail along our front steps.  I decided to tackle the project.  It fought me all the way.  Setting the posts on the steps required drilling into concrete.  Bits I bought for this purpose did not perform as advertised so I had to make another trip across town to Lowe's.  Also recomended, a hammer drill. Result: two trips to Harbor Freight.

Lowe's sold me 1 1/4 Phillips head screws to attach to the concrete   Driving a Phillips head screw that long into anything but butter is probably not going to work.  They did refund my investment, but they are way across town from us.

  I stopped at Ace in West Salem and bought shorter hex head screws instead.


A Man can never have too many clamps

Important to get things level

Pocket Hole Drill prepares screw entry points

I hoped I would not have to do this



Figuring the Angle

Once Again, Fighting Me




Raining on My Parade

 Finished!

No comments: